The Friendship Luncheon is a group of parishioners that come together each month on the second Thursday for a good meal and fellowship. There are a handful of people who help in the kitchen and clean up, and several that take care of decorating the tables. It is for parishioners to gather for conversation, people sharing a meal together and entertainment when possible. Everyone is welcome no matter what the age you are!
Everyone brings a side dish to the luncheon that is shared by all. Each month the main dish is provided. A donation is given for this in the beginning of the line. Several people help with finances and door prizes.
Monthly themes for the main dish:
- January – Wild Game Feed
- February – Valentine – Fried Chicken
- March – St. Patrick’s Day – Corn Beef and Cabbage
- April – October – Fried Chicken
- August – County Fair
- September – State Fair
- October – Halloween
- November – Thanksgiving – Turkey with all the trimmings
- December – Christmas – Turkey with all the Trimmings
Before the Friendship Luncheon a Healing Mass is offered at 11 am in the Cathedral.